Thursday, December 1, 2011

Light Up.

Oh HEY
I almost didn’t see you there, but I’m glad I did! ;) I’m glad you’ve returned! Hopefully you’re not disappointed… or overwhelmed with a love for this blog that makes you want to creep on me all day, er’ryday. That’d be soups awk.  So…here we go, first official post, better be good. (And by good, I mean flippin’ AWESOME.) No pressure, or anything, so I decided to start off with a pretty controversial topic. Why? You ask. Because controversy is the spice of life.

I’ve always heard to “light up” was bad, and though I grew up with grandparents who smoked like easy mac made without water (that’s actually happened before…maybe I’ll tell you about it sometime); this was always something burned on the back of my mind. Till Senior year that is, when out of the innocence-psh…- of my heart I befriended a possible drug dealing , avid cigarette smoker. I never tried anything- promise, Mom!- except once. Sort of.

            We were sitting outside her grandmother’s house when she was about to “light up”. Jokingly I asked if I could have a puff, like I always did, because she’d freak out and give a hypocritical explanation of why I shouldn’t. But this time was different, she said sure and popped the unlit sucker right in my mouth. She brought the lighter closer to me, and I lost it. With eyes wide, and in a desperate attempt to maintain my good girl image (and the health of my lungs!) , the only thing I could think to say was “Only YOU can prevent forest fires!!! " She of course burst out laughing, and said she knew I couldn’t do it. Her reasoning, you wonder? Because I knew lighting up was bad.

            Strangely enough I found an exception to this rule, today. At my Christian college.

On Black Friday, I decided to get a scooter. “Why” you may ask? Because I live on Fourth North (of courth). It’s only the best flippin’ hall forever and ever, amen. ANYWHO…I got a scooter because it’s what all the cool kids are doing, and who doesn’t love peer pressure, right? Only I took my scoot- scoot to the next level with- *triumphant intro music*- LIGHT UP WHEELS. Heck yes. Oh yeah, I went there… So all day since being back at school, I’ve been rollin’ with the homies, getting looks of both jealousy and adoration, and nodding to greet all the passersbyers. Like a boss. As I was rollin’ through what I like to call the “C00gz W4lk”, (Or the more politically correct name, “The Cougar Walk”), a ray of sunshine beamed from heaven and hit the silver base of King Leonius (that’s my scoot-scoot btws, he goes by Leo and he's the bomb like tick-tick). And who do you think noticed? That’s right, a random stud muffin (someone I could be potentially creeping on in the near future- or not...supes awk). “Nice wheels, a girl who’s not afraid to light it up. Cool” he said. Then it hit me.
          It’s OKAY to light up! ... When it’s not a cancer causing halogen. Who knew? So here’s a list of helpful, and totally random, but potentially pointless and maybe even useless, but not purposeless things to light up:

            1: Sc00t3r wheelz.
 
            2: Christmas trees (which I could be potentially blogging about in the near future.)

         
            3: uR m4rr!4g3 (marriage), or so I hear.

            4: Birfday candlez.

            5: Light bulbs.

            S!x: Vampires (they glisten apparently).

            7: Torches for cavern explorations.

            8: Campfires.

            9: The faces of friends and families (as in “Allison’s face lights up when people view this”- just joshin’. But seriously. Psyche. Gotcha’.)

            10: Pretty much anything, if you’re an arsonist. Just kidding again. That’s illegal, and I don’t support that…
            So there you go kiddos, don’t do drugs, stay in school…all that jazz. Stay tuned for a potential GUEST POST from one of the people who makes No. 9 from above come true! It’s gonna be grand, punny, ridiculous, scandalous, or maybe just lame…who knows? See you soon…

Lovelovelovelovelove.

3 comments:

  1. lol scooter i waz there

    ReplyDelete
  2. black friday!!! $20 scooters!! gr8 deelz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the wheelz lite up!!! wtf!!!1

    ReplyDelete