Monday, February 27, 2012

"...All up on me..."

"God's hands are all up on me...and if it were anyone else it would be creepy, but it's not. It's great!"
This was one of the thesis statements from my weekend. It went a little like this...

Blessing (ˈblesiNG) noun: God's favor, the evidence God is active in your life.

BOOM. God has been consistently meeting me in this way the past week, but here's the overview of my weekend...

On Friday, my wonderful, beautiful sister, Amanda Marie, came and visited me for the weekend!
Aaww...grrreat. :) We played monopoly in the library (twice)- which is great cause that's my favorite game ever (Amanda likes to call me Mr. Potter...if you get this reference, let's be best friends, mmkay?) We went to Applebees, the movies, and took a nap, we laughed, talked, sang, hung out with the Carol...just had a wonderful weekend, and I was just blessed.

Then she left, and I was sad, but I went over to my good friend, Teagan's for a life chat, and BOOM. God showed up. Isn't it great that God is a God who reveals Himself in the everyday conversations we have all the time? Yes, yes it is.

We just encourged one another, spoke about our giftings, passions, and hope for the Church, and realized "God's hands are all up on me..." Well, I'll take it.

Growing pains spiritually are just as painful as physical ones, but I would not have it any other way. And just listening to all the conversations I've been having over the past few weeks it is SO clear God is doing something. And as I seek to be closer to God, to be the person He wants me to be, He brings blessings consistently.

PTL! Praise the Lord for He is good!
"The one who has clean hands and a pure heart...They will receive blessings from the Lord and vindication from their Savior!" Psalm 24:4-5

One way to have clean hands and a pure heart is to make God our focus, purpose, source, and motivation. That is, to serve God because we know He is worthy. WINNING.
Check it.
I love my big sister, and my big God!
And my great friends who are a blessing!
And you.

No comments:

Post a Comment