Sunday, January 1, 2012

Kick Off Verse of 2012

Because I'm a typical Christian, the New Year excites me because of a few key points.

1. An end to a dry season (if you've been having one).

2. An opportunity for new blessings and chances to grow.

3. A chance to be the kind of Christian you want to be.

All of these lead to a the basic desires to pray more, read the Bible more, and live it out more. So though it's a bit cliche, after praying in the New Year, and posting my 2011 recap post, I broke out my Bible. I decided to switch things up this year and start with Revelations and work my way backwards, even though I had just finished it. I decided this mostly because during the holiday season reading wasn't really a problem, remembering was. So I read. I like to read until I feel God reveal something so there's no sense of "pointless" reading. And here's what happened...

This spoke to me so strongly:
     
 “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, 
for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
- Revelations 4:11

Sometimes I like to read things and sort of define the words and what they mean to me. It was an incredible revelation (ironic, huh?)

My Ruler and God...
You deserve all the extravagance and the praise
and the recognition and the respect
and the control
because you formed everything,
and created it 
because You wanted to
and You know all things and their purpose.

What a great kick off verse to the year!

No matter what blessings I receive, or accomplishments I get, or terrible things I encounter, or trials I overcome,

 God is more than deserving of my all. 

This year is going to be a great adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment