Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What's in a Name?

Hey there.
If you've been on this site lately you might be thinking, "Hey, where's the weak attempts of Allie T. that I know and love so much?" Well here's the deal. This break I've been trying to think of some good names and these are what I've thought of:
Ramblings of a Redhead

Ready. Set. Live!
and
Life Lessons with Inez.

There were two obvious problems with these names.
1.) These names are already taken. Check 'em out.
2.) I'm not a redhead or named Inez.

Anywho...after much consideration I still had not figured out what to call this...masterpiece. it wasn't until last night when I had dinner with some great people and the 'rents that I decided on "Adventures of Faith". These people had story after story of how their faith was tested and they had to rely on God and He of course came through. It was awesome! They called it "Craigs List Faith"...you know, when you need money or something and you start looking for stuff to sell online, and then a stranger decides to hand you an envelope filled with exactly what you need! Faith like that Sounds a little cray-cray.

Anyways, that is the kind of faith I am striving for this year- adventurous. Not setting out to test God, but setting out to rely on Him even more.
Setting out to do three major things:

1. STEP OUT.

 No more playing it soups safe., time to try new things.



2. SPEAK OUT.
In two ways: a) Encouraging and Evangelizing more,
b) taking my evangelizing numbers from 4,732 to 5,000 by the end of this year.




3. TAKE OTHERS WITH ME.
I'm ready for some experiences, hopefully others are too!


So there you go, adventuring my faith, adventuring in faith that there'll be a great outcome.

So that's the plan. And the explanation of the new name.
Let's adventure together!
And in the words of one of my faves...

"Adventure is out there!"
Thanks, Ellie. I know it is.

And I'm going for it!
Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment