Thursday, January 19, 2012

Whack Tap.

Hello friends.
So here's what's going down. I'm going to be real honest right now. Just remember, you're probably reading this because you know and love me anyways (or cause I begged you to). Anywho...the truth is, I'm addicted to trying new things. Seriously, I love it. But more than that, I'm addicted to being good at things. Sounds terrible, I know. Also sounds prideful. I just really enjoy feeling like my adventures are succesful. Anyways, that's exactly what I was thinking when I signed up for a tap dancing class with my great friend BREA.

 But as soon as we slid into windows and proceeded to practice falaps, I remembered...
I am TERRIBLE at tap dance. My conclusion was only confirmed as we lined up and did combinations of shuffles and other tappity-tap-tap moves. Oh did I mention...I FORGOT one of the laces for my shoes and had to tap in socks? Did I also mention, someone broke the rules and had been chewing gum in the studio? Too bad I found this out after stepping on it. Yeah...soups awk. You know when you take a class, and there's always that group of people who things are just not clicking for? Yeah, I was in that group. The SLOW tap group. I looked an awful lot like this.

Brea was so great though! She looked an awful lot like this. Seriously, I was so proud to call her my friend!

And you know what? I'm actually glad I am taking this class! Even though I usually would refer to myself as a "sore loser". I have been trying this year to live in my imperfections, well to be okay with them, and I think this is good practice. Philipians 3:12 says "I  don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on..." Life is all about trying new things, and failing, and succeeding, and loving every moment of it. So I will not be dropping this course, because it is so fun. And incredibly embarassing. And I think it's a good life lesson: You don't always have to be the best, and if you're not...don't throw a fit.

Anyways, I love you guys, and hopefully this adventure isn't too much for me.
And world keep an eye out, Brea is pretty much going to be tapping for a living cause she's that great! I'm seriously so proud of her!

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment