Monday, January 16, 2012

New People, New Adventures, New Joys.

Numastai, Sastrikhal, Bula Vinaka, Hello!

If you've ever read my blog, you probably realized many of my adventures feature the same people continuously. Why? Because they're just grand. But tonight was different. Tonight some new people came into my social life, and you want to know what? I had an amazing time! After having a fairly normal day of cleaning, scootering, frolicking, and laughing, some of my "regular" friends headed out for their own adventures and I was left with two options: 1. Hermit like a pro, or 2. Find my own adventures.

I chose the latter.

For a while there were few people on Fourth North, so I made the long trek across the laundry room, and headed into Fourth South (doesn't quite roll of the tongue) to find some friends. Empty. Hmm...not giving up that easily. Went up and over to Fifth North (also doesn't sound quite right) to see my friend Elayna. Too bad I had missed her by a mere minute or two. Hmm...Why didn't I think of it sooner? Adams Hall to see Lindsay!

So we sat and chatted, and suddenly my phone started blowing up with texts! We went down to meet some other friends, grabbing people to come along as we went! It was so cool to be with a group of people who before tonight had never even met! We decided to all play Quelf, and it got pretty intense because suddenly passersby were stopping to watch and cheer on, and it was so great! Afterwards me and the girls went to McDonald's to get some snackage and were the last group allowed into the dining hall. We got the impression they wanted us to leave when they started locking all the doors. But we understood loud and clear when they turned all the lights off on us, and just stared! We hurriedly scooped up our stuff, apologized, and went home. So here we are, watching movies, and enjoying each other's company, and you know what? The people I hung out with tonight are great! It is so nice to know that we don't have to be confined or restricted, and sometimes it's nice just to mix it up a little. Ecclesiastes 3:1 "For everything there is an appointed time, even a time for every affair under the heavens..." even for trying new things with new people. Tonight was so fun, and I am so glad I wasn't afraid to just search people out.

I love my life.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment