Sunday, January 15, 2012

An Er'ryday Evening of a College Freshman...

Hey there, friends.
Tonight me and my great friend Carol, or who I sometimes refer to as CJ (cause sometimes she does things that just call for a more "thuggin" name), were looking for something fun to do. There are four problems with this: 1. We have NO car. 2. We are afraid of the dark. 3. We're kinda afraid of Azusa. 4. We're super afraid of being in Azusa in the dark.
The main problem was, of course the first one, so we did none other than grab Leo, and another scooter and set off for adventures somewhere over the rainbow...or right across the street.
If you notice, we're matching, only...in reverse.


We wanted a little snackage and decided to try and scoot through the drive through at "Jack and the B-fish"...(cause the o and the x look like a fish cause they're so close together.)

And who do you think we encountered? None other than other APU kids who understood the joys of being a freshman perfectly, and who even helped us out when the lady at the window wasn't going to give us our curly fries!

So we headed back to school, ate, went on down to 7-11 for a cup of hot cocoa where the coolest thing happened! I began to sort of converse with the cashier in Punjabi, and he UNDERSTOOD me! :D Thanks, all you peeps who h00k3d me up with that knowledge. We had to scurry back to campus soups fast after that though cause we were afraid of the predators hiding in that sector. It was a wonderous night with my best friend here,which ended in us breaking it down with a choreographed dance for my sister!

It was a super great night, and the whole time I felt so incredibly blessed, and even, dare I say, like Jesus was just chilling with us. I think sometimes we can get so wrapped up in finding Jesus in the huge radical, hyper-spiritual revelations, rather than the er'ryday moments. I believe God wants us to have fun, and I think that completely ties in with Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."  In THIS day, in THIS moment, God wants us to be happy! It gives Him glory! And I'm thankful for that! Anywho, homies, it was a grand night in this little town.

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment