Monday, January 9, 2012

Zumba Worship...

Some of  you who have participated in this dance craze may be a little confused. "You mean that workout where the point is to shake your rump?" you may be asking. Well, my hips don't lie...that is kinda true. So imagine our surprise when the ABC (that's Allison, Brea, and Carol) headed over to our new Zumba class and heard the first song was none other than the song "Not Forgotten"! I know this song from the Hillsong Kids album- being the kids church fiend I am. You know..."I am not forgotten, God knows my name..." It was kinda cool! That is until our teacher told us to start some thrusting, and shaking, that even Shakira might struggle with. So where is the adventure in this?

It could be...
- when we walked at night to Citrus in the city of Azusa- sketch.
- watching Carol as she gracefully tried to break it down- adorable.
- the pretty aura-tastic cool down- we were doing yoga I think.
- maybe just the fact we tried something new!

But all I can say is, I guess we were kinda acting in 1 Corinthians 10:31,
"In Whatever you do...give the glory to God."

Suppose that means working out too, huh? :)

I love you all.

And Brea, who didn't hear me reciprocate that when she left today...I LOVE YOU!

And Carol, who is such a graceful dancer, she can't possibly be told she failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment