Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Better Late than Never...

This week I have been Incredibly blessed. And of course by "this week", I mean starting last week on Thursday night (late? Time is not my master. Boom. Jk.☺) Here's what's up:

Thursday Night, after a rivetting time of tap dance and fun, I went to D-Group. To put it in cliche words, we "get together, and just do life". But for realzies. We had a time of laughter, and then testimonies of what God was teaching us, and then some real-real intense time of prayer. Not just going round about the circle. No, one by one, individualized, from the bottom of your heart prayer. LEGIT. It was amazing, and just what I needed. I love those girls. Then after serving ourselves up some holy friendship, we decided to walk over to Stater Bros and pick up the ingredients for some tasty cookies. On ze way back, we saw two people who our leader knew, and we just asked if we could pray over them. In the middle of Starbucks! Heyoooo. It was an incredible time of laughter and fun, and snackage, and then a time of rest, which of course is wonderful.

Friday was a little on the "cray-cray" side. Was supposed to see "The Vow" with the hall, last minute plan change, short adventure through Azusa. At night. Not the best accident I've ever gotten myself into...yeeeeauhh. Then back to my room for a movie and a juice box.

Saturday was soups solid. After brunch with some friends, me and The Brea went on down to TWO thrift stores where I picked up these little beauties...























It had started to rain while we were inside, but had stopped so we decided to continue our adventure to the park. We were on the swingset for days. Many glorious days. Sharing stories and laughs and fun times.

We even played pretend, and cops and robbers. It seriously was amazing fun. (I promise I'm in college). I slid down one of the slides, forgetting it had rained, and was soups bummed when I realized my pants were all wet. But that wasn't the only  thing that got wet...


















It started to POUR on our scoot home. SERIOUSLY, at one point the rain was coming in sideways. Vision blurred, brakes not working, bare foot scooting. It was exhilirating to say the least, but it was just grand. We sang tons of songs at the tops of our lungs, and by the time we got back, we were soaked all the way through.

That is just a tid-bit of the adventures I've had this week.
Some are scary, some are fun, all are a ride of a life time.
But you know what?
"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118: 24




















I'm so blessed to have people in my life that are filled with the joy of the Lord that spills into other aspects of their lives. Seriously they're great. I love them.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment