Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Freshman Year in Review!

Hey thurrrr, remember me? Maybe not...It's been years a long time (I'm trying to work on my exaggerating). Anywho, can you believe it? I'm almost down with my first year. Wha-wha-wha-what'd chu say? Yeaaah, buddy. In t-minus four days I will be headed home. I cannot believe it. Seriously, it's like...forgetting the words to your favorite song, you can't remember you were always singing along...shout out to Re.Spekt. But honestly, where did the year go? I can't believe we're almost done. Seriously, where did the year go?



















Oh yeaaaauuuhh...that's where.
Here's the thing: this year I have been so incredibly blessed- from the people who have taken time to genuinely invest time and prayer in me, to the awesome people who have adventured with me. This has been such an amazing time of growth, and sometimes pain, and tons of fun, and I know that God has been in every single moment. I've learned a lot about myself, so here it is: One good and bad thing I've learned about myself.
Good: I've learned to be more vulnerable this year than I ever have before.
Everywhere there are people at APU, there's somebody asking you to share your life story. Er'rywhere. That used to scare me so bad, and I never wanted to tell people what I was struggling with or thinking or going through or anything. But this year, God has shown me through vulnerability is He seen best, because God always redeems us from our struggles.


Bad: I have the power to hurt myself and others.
This year I've learned the gravity of my words and actions. So many times I've said things jokingly or done things just for fun and realized, "Hey, this might've been what we like to call a 'bad choice'."Here's the deal,God's shown this to me, and I'm going to work on it-to honor Him with my thoughts, words, and actions (heart, soul, mind, and strength). Gotz to rememburrr...
Life Lesson: God is always faithful.
Always.

So that's my freshman year: Catz, sk00t-sk00tz, onezies, midnight adventures, l33t sp34k, red gatorade, friend dates, chalk stalks, hall dinnerz, Fourth North of Courth, Phonathon, Amassador, dress up dates, Splatter, Tanktacular, Foamcoming, AZHOP, DGroup. BOOM.
I honestly thank God for blessing me with such an amazing year.
Really, it could not have been better.
And sophmore year is just around the river bend.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment