Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Final Words...

Of Freshman Year...(Get it? You have to read the title and the post...together.)
Well here I am, sitting in a basically deserted hallway. Twenty have gone, fourteen remain. And I'm the only one awake right now. Greeeeeaaat. I don't mind though. Honest! My mom will be here in about half an hour, and my final wipings down and packing away has just happened. Sitting here alone, listening to the smelly fridge in the bistro buzz, and to the air blasting from who knows where (maybe my room?) I know that God has brought me here. To this time, to this place, to this very moment. To a time of reflection over the whole year. It started off a little crazy, meeting new people every night, getting maybe four hours of sleep, forgetting such things as "inside voices" even existed. And after our first hall meeting, we all morphed into a great breathing, mob of awkward and yelling and sc00terz and onezies known as Fourth North. It's funny looking back at how everyone tried to portray themselves that first month- seen it all: sleep walking to constant laughing to accented voices- everything. As the year went on though, it wasn't okay to have mediocre friendships anymore, no more of this surface level stuff. I had to get real and deep, real-real fast. And it was okay. I saw my friend groups change almost four times this year, and each time it was just an expansion that I know had to be a God thing. I know God put me here for a reason- to be encouraged and encourage. I know that I have tried my best to point to God in everything and even though that's been a struggle at points (hello, human natureee), I will always remember how greatly God blessed this year! And looking back, I'm going to remember: being hit on at Mick's when I was dressed a fool, swimming in the pond (three times), scootering in the rain, playing in the park, chalk stalks, thrifting, splatter, almost dying at foamcoming, beach trips, Scary Saturdays turned Silly Saturdays with Kayla, music videos, knock codes, airport adventures, playing in the Citrus fountain (twice), Zumba class to Jesus music, D Group adventures, Pans Labyrinth at Teagan's with D and Brea, swimming in UV when it was freezing...wow, it's been great.
I love APU, Fouth North, and YOU.
And Summer- which I'll be posting about soon, I'm sure.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment