Friday, June 22, 2012

Countdown to Camp #1!

Well, here we are, a mere three days to the opening rally for Camp #1. It has been a long process of praying, writing, rewriting, attempting crafts, finding games that wouldn't inflict injury, and figuring out what exactly the purpose of the kids camp was. For eight months we've been working on this project and praying up a storm- cause let's face it, with out that, what even is Children's Ministry? Oh yeah...babysitting. So here it is: 
Our heart for this ministry...
I am literally overwhelmed with the goodness of God, and the power of His presence and prayer. Literally. I keep finding myself in positions where God not only meets my needs, but exceeds my expectations in every way. My hope for this curriculum, as it is about to come to pass, is that children would develop a passion for prayer and a heart for missions! My hope is that they encounter God at this event, and that they begin to understand that God has a plan and purpose for them! 

This is going to be an amazing week of fun, but it's also going to be a time of revelation of God's heart for people, and how we can model that today! 

I am so excited and blessed to be a part of this awesome God opportunity! Partner with us in prayer as we begin to start into week number one!

On another note of blessing, if you or somebody you know also works in Children's Ministries, I will be training for an online Children's Ministry workshop through pajamaconference.com on July 30th! It's for free if you want to tune in to learn about "Developing Leaders in Your Ministry"! You can read a quick synopsis of it here. 

Anyways, the next three days are going to be crazy. Pray for me! Seriously. Praise the Lord for the leaders who are partnering with me, and Praise the Lord for Go-Girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment