Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ear Plugs and Life Lessons.

So last night something happened that changed my entire worldview. The center of the universe shifted. Okay, that’s a little bit of an exaggeration (drama, drama, drama). But it is something I feel needs to be shared before more of you make this mistake. So instead of my usual (psh..how many times have I posted like 3?) how to or things you should know, this is life lessons from ear plugs.

            Last night, after listening to my wonderful seester’s choir concert (shout out, Amanda!), we came back to our cozy little hotel room. Our tummy’s were starting to rumble as the cider was a miss from the “Carols and Cider” concert. As her and I were talking, she randomly asked if I wanted a marshmallow. Of course, I asked her where she had been hiding the marshmallow. She answered flippantly with a question if I wanted it again. I said sure, and was about to pop it in my mouth, when what do you think I realized?

            IT WAS AN EARPLUG!

Wow, thanks sis. Talk about disgusting. Though this trickery was done out of a blatant attempt to humiliate me, I learned a valuable lesson. Things are not always as they appear! So many times we overhear the end of a conversation or witness some seemingly sneaky activity and assume the worst. The fact is, children, the only way we can be sure of something is if we communicate! Just because you friends stop talking when you walk in the room, doesn’t mean they’re talking about you. Just because you see your parents setting out the presents doesn’t mean Santa’s not real. (The world may never know.) Being aware, and talking things out is the way to go…and though it’s unfortunate I had to learn this through what I like to call a “rude awakening”, I’m glad I learned it anyways. This has been life lessons with Allison…I hope you enjoyed it, but better yet, I hope you apply it. Now, isn’t that what you like to hear?

Lovelove.

No comments:

Post a Comment