Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How Old is Too Old to Sit on Santa's Lap?

Seasons Greetings, good friends!

I hope all is well, and as it should be! Sorry I've been M.I.A. for a bit...that's what happens when you put off Christmas shopping till the last minute. And by last minute...I REALLY mean that. Last year my mom wanted a cheetah print snuggie, and we went ALL over town on Christmas Eve after church till we finally found one! Who would've thought those things would've sold out?

Anywho, this year I'm trying to get on the ball before every last item on my shopping list is sold out. But it seems every time I go to the mall or a shopping center, or even the airport, I am faced with the same dilemma...Confronting the expectations of society and the desires of my heart all in one question-

 How old is too old to sit on Santa's lap?

I have come up with a full-proof and fool-proof formula to figuring out how old is too old.

 
Here we go...You're too old for Santa if...

1. You're bigger than him- he is old and has a lot of houses to visit in one night, he can't have and broken legs.

2. You push a child off his lap so you can get your Christmas list in- if you're with a youngin'
3. Your hair is whiter than his- that's just wrong.


Unsatisfied with these rules, I decided to interview some kids at a Christmas event I face painted at, and some of the answers I got were:

"Well, my dad doesn't do that anymore and he's like 83 or something.."- Diego, 9


"I would have to say 127...then you should call it quits...maybe 427." -Nikki, 18
"Ten. Then it's just weird." - Andrew, 16

He always comes to my house, so we're in the good.
I guess it's just up to you...I probably wouldn't sit on Santa's lap cause that could end up being
Soups Awk.
Hmm...I guess all that can be said is simple.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!.

And I guess there is no formula, but all I know is I love Santa.


And YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment