Friday, December 23, 2011

Tis the Season for Tamales...

Falalalala-la-la-la-la.

This has probably been one of the most Non-traditional and yet still familiar Christmas Eve-Eves I've ever had. My grandparents and aunt came all the way from San Diego to stay with us for the holidays, and as you might've guessed, it's been a clash of cultural and familial traditions, but it hasn't been bad at all. In fact, it's been truly wonderful!

And I still have learned a few things, so here are...

Key Things to Remember During the Christmas Season in My House...

1. Christmas Decorations are our fave.

You should see the inside...that's where the magic really begins.

2. This year we actually took part in the Mexican tradition of tamale making!
It took many long hours, and a lot of patience from my grandma and tia as they tried to teach me and my sister, but we actually did it! And can you guess what we're eating tomorrow (And probably for days to come)? :)

3. All Christmas shopping takes place on Christmas Eve.
This isn't a rule, it's just usually how it goes down...tomorrow we will be shopping, then heading over to the candles and carols service at church.

4. This is a rule. ^^

5. At some point, if you expect Christmas to come to our house, we will watch "Holiday Inn" and "White Christmas" (my two absolute fave movies), and "It's a Wonderful Life".

These past few days have been a little out of the norm for us, but it brought to light some really important things...

Christmas isn't about our traditions, or the gifts, or the songs, or any of that. No. 1 It's about the birth of my Savior! Happy Birthday, Jesus! :) And Two, being with our families and understanding, though we all are different, we are blessed to have each other! And I am so glad I was reminded of that today!

And I still got to watch my movies! :)




Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment