Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Moment of Silence & A Haunted Library.

So what do you get when you cross a yard sale, an attempt at sign language, reunions, a haunted library, a basement venue, adventures in disguises, a conversation with a native morrocan who is fluent in German and teaches English, lots of stage kissing, and an impromptu speech on the importance of IHOP coupons? My day yesterday. BOOM.

It all started with the early morning awakenings of a yard sale, because everyone knows when the ad says 8:00AM, we really meant 5:30AM! Well, everyone but me. I suppose it wouldn't have been quite so bad if I hadn't stayed up late the night before watching this...

"Delightfully Dangerous" starring Jane Powell (1945)

I'm an old soul. 
Anyways, it wasn't quite so bad because I bonded with two wonderful women over the course of the yard sale, and one was due to this movie! An older lady was quite surprised to hear my tiredness was due to classic movie watching the night before, and boy, was she happy to hear it!

The second lady, Julie, I know was a God-send, and she was deaf. Julie was the fourth confirmation God sent my way regarding sign language.
1. Ze best frand and I discuss my slight desire to learn sign language.
2. I find a book in my closet called, "Learning Sign Language, for Beginners".
3. Cold Case episode was about a boy in a deaf school.
4. Julie!
And when I went to Oklahoma! last night I met John, who was also partially deaf. Count 'em- five! All in the course of 24 HOURS! I talked to Julie for a while, she was nice enough to put up with my sloppy and choppy signs. Anyways, now I'm going to take a class. (Added it to my dream list!)
Isn't it wonderful to see God in the little things? Why yes, yes it is.

After that, me and my good friend, Ale, were reunited!
And we went to the Historical  HAUNTED Library in Marysville to check out the basement for Underground Prom.It's been said children laugh in the attic at night. We explored the second and third floor because we thought we heard voices from the people who worked there, but it was EMPTY! Finally we found them in the back of the first floor. They sent us to the basement where the DJ was bumping some tracks for fun. It was sick. (In a good way).
Grabbed some dinner and saw Ale's teacher who is upset at her at the moment, so we drove by three times, changing our hair to distract from our true identities
Wrapped up the night talking with John, the deaf German Morrocan English teacher, and Oklahoma! where everyone gets kissed apparently. Then off to IHOP to keep the tradition alive.
Lots of adventures and new friends, let's just say the WOO inside was real happy! More to do today, maybe if more fun happens, I'll tell you about it tomorrow!
Love adventures, summer, and YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment